Housing Waitlist Opening - FL
The Palm Beach County Housing Authority (PBCHA) will begin accepting pre-applications from interested persons (Registrants) who want to be considered for PBCHAs tenant-based Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP), Westgate Senior Housing, Quiet Waters Senior Housing, Banyan Apartments and Public Housing Waiting Lists. The pre-application period will open on Monday, June 6, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time). Submission of a pre-application provides a chance for Registrants to be selected from the respective waitlist. However, submission of a pre-application does not guarantee that the Registrant will be selected.
ALL PRE-APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE at:
- Pre-applications will be accepted 24 hours a day, from smartphones, tablets or any electronic device with access to the internet anytime the waiting list is open. Interested persons without access to the Internet who want to be a registrant may go to sites with computers available for public use such as public libraries.
- Paper applications will not be distributed or accepted. No mailed, faxed or hand delivered applications will be accepted. Pre-applications will not be accepted at PBCHA’s headquarters, or any property owned or operated by PBCHA.
- You must have a valid email address to complete the pre-application and to receive the Housing Authority notifications. You will receive an email receipt after submission of your preliminary application. Free email accounts are available on Yahoo; Gmail; or Hotmail.
- Registrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Only one pre-application per adult will be accepted. ALL pre-applications containing a duplicate SSN will be disqualified.
- There is no cost to submit a pre-application, and no agent of PBCHA will ask a Registrant for any payment.
Registrants who require assistance in completing a pre-application because of a disability and need a reasonable accommodation may call 561-270-5810 during the period of June 6 through June 17, 2022, during stated business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.). The PBCHA will verify that the limitations imposed by the disability require the requested accommodation. If PBCHA determines that the limitations imposed by the disability do not require a request for accommodation, the Registrant will be required to apply online.
This number is only available to persons with special needs. If you have resources to access the internet (family, friends, etc.) please do not use this number as resources are limited.
- Registrants with hearing or speech disabilities using TDD or TTY technology may call Florida Relay Services by dialing 7-1-1 for assistance.
- All Registrants who meet the requirements listed above in submitting their pre-applications will have an equal chance of being selected for the waiting lists regardless of the date and time that they submit their pre-applications beginning June 6, 2022.
- PBCHA’s Administrative Plan dictates applicant selection for the HCV program is by a computerized random selection (lottery process). All other waitlists selections are done by preference if applicable, then time and date of application.
- Once the random selection (lottery) process is completed, PBCHA will send an email to selected registrants to notify them of selection and next steps.
- Acceptance of an application after the lottery process does not constitute acceptance into any Housing Choice Voucher programs or any affiliated program or property.
- Applicants who receive a Housing Choice Voucher must live in the Palm Beach County, in PBCHA’s jurisdiction for one year before they are eligible to transfer their voucher to another city.
- The first lottery and selection with be June 13, 2022. Subsequent lottery and selection schedules will be on an as-needed basis determined by PBCHA and will not be announced.
Frequently asked questions regarding the Housing Choice Voucher program waitlist opening may be found on the waitlist online website at: https://myportal.pbchafl.org/ or on the PBCHA website at http://www.pbchafl.org/.
Palm Beach County Housing Authority does not discriminate against registrants, applicants or participants on the basis of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or familial status.